June 10, 2008

So I decided to record my experience

When I was thinking about getting a facelift, I looked for books that would explain the experience so I would be prepared for what lay ahead. The books all seemed to fall into one of two categories: technical texts written by plastic surgeons, or breathless burbles about the wonders of a new face by famous, or almost famous (and in any case publicly-prominent) celebrities. Since I didn’t want the former and didn’t fit the latter, I decided to keep my own records of my adventure, thinking that other women might be as curious as I about what a facelift is REALLY like.

These entries won't take you through the process scalpel stroke by scalpel stroke. Nor will they supply a list of the best doctors in France and Italy whom you might want to consult. But it does help you understand what the effects of a facelift might be, and it suggests how you can identify the surgeon most appropriate for you. Plus, hopefully, it’s fun to read.